On December 23rd, 2017, the Beta version of OBizR platform and, mobile app were officially launched at the British Council in Freetown, Sierra Leone. Dir. Bakarr Tarawally of the Ministry of Information and Communications was the keynote speaker and Mr. Unisa Sesay, Chairman, Right to Access Information Commission was also in attendance to support the idea. Use OBizR to find a business establishment new you, learn if the business is open or closed, Use the businesses phone number to call or email to make appointments, get driving or walking directions to the business location and when you are done doing business, share your experience with five-star ratings, photos, and text comments. Your shared experience will help others like you make informed purchasing decisions and help business owners improve service delivery.
- Develop an open data platform with the tools to collect, store and share basic business details (name, postal address, geographic address (Longitude and Latitude) phone, email, description, logo, website and office hours) of all registered and non-registered businesses in Sierra Leone
- Develop and publish free user generated reviews and travel guide mobile app that uses data from the open data platform
- Work with the public, especially Students, ICT Community, MDAs, and NGOs to collect and enter OBizR platform geolocation data and basic business contact details (name, postal address, geographic address (Longitude and Latitude) phone, email, description, logo, website and office hours) of all registered and non-registered businesses in Sierra Leone
- Help all registered and non-registered business owners learn about the Fourth industrial revolution, online user generated reviews, why it’s important to keep their business contact details updated and, the impact of online user generated reviews.
- Educate consumers in Sierra Leone about the internet, mobile apps, near-me services, fourth industrial revolution innovations, citizen-generated open data, online user-generated reviews and the impact of online user-generated reviews
How to use our APIs
OBizR Open Data APIs are free for Sierra Leone Startups, Entrepreneurs, Students, registered NGOs and GoSL. Each subscriber will receive a consumer key and consumer secret to access our APIs programmatically. To gain full access to the Beta APIs for development or testing, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Business owners with a website can integrate their OBizR reviews into their websites or applications by using our Business Owner APIs. Its free to list your top 10 reviews from the platform. Businesses who are subscribed to the Enhanced listing plan have free access to list all their reviews.
Sample Open Data API Endpoints
- All businesses Sample API endpoints
- All GoSL MDA Sample API endpoints
- All healthcare and medical business Sample API endpoints
- All travel and tourism business Sample API endpoints
- All schools/education businesses Sample API endpoints
LAM-TECH Consulting Enterprises is a group of Creative Thinkers, ICT Strategists, Technical Architects, Software Developers, Web Designers, User Experience Professionals, Open Data Experts, Open Source Lovers, Gen Xers, and Millennials with an office in Freetown, Sierra Leone and New York, USA. In the United States, we are called SALONETECH. We help businesses and brands, non-governmental organizations (NGO), and governments improve their existing websites, intranet sites, digital platforms, and social media platforms. We create innovative digital solutions, engaging tools, and customer experiences by providing a full range of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) products, services and solutions at the right budget, place and time. For more information, please contact TpISENT via phone using +232 (22) 250 265, and +1 (917) 623 4281, via email using email@example.com, on the web using https://tpisent.com or simply visit our office at 13 Hill Cot Road, Freetown, Sierra Leone for a live demo